Don’t miss the JackRabbit KickStarter, which is coming soon! This innovative, affordable, new mini ebike will be useful to a wide range of people who need easy transportation options. Unlike many of the ebikes we feature, this is not a bike for getting fit, as you do not pedal it. However, in our new world where many people would prefer not to be on public transportation, the JackRabbit offers alternative transportation in a lightweight package.
Note on Legalities: In many jurisdictions around the world, an ebike without pedals is considered a motor bike under the Motor Vehicle Regulations. This can expose you to legal liabilities in the event of an accident, or result in the confiscation of your bike. You should check the regulations in your own area before considering one of these bikes.
First, watch the video that introduces this new ebike.
Video: The JackRabbit Ebike
New JackRabbit Mini eBike Bridges Personal Mobility Gap Between Heavy eBikes and Aspirations of eScooters
JackRabbit mini eBike: Light. Simple. Safe. Three common words that encompass a lot. They are the three keys to what makes JackRabbit such an innovative new personal transportation solution for so many uses.
The JackRabbit Mini is Lightweight for an Ebike
The JackRabbit mini eBike weighs 23 lbs. and gets 12+ miles from each swappable battery. Big soft wheels and no pedals make it a zippy, fun, easy and safe ride. But that’s just the start of what the JackRabbit has to offer.
JackRabbit Evolves Mobility Solutions
A desire to find the missing link and evolve mobility solutions inspired team JackRabbit:
- Bikes and eBikes are great for distance, but they are big, heavy and mechanically complex.
- Electric scooters and skateboards are fun, but they face challenges in safety and extended ride-ability.
- Other quirky “micromobility” gadgets are out there too, but their weight, complexity, and extended ride safety issues cause them to end up in landfills too often.
The JackRabbit takes the best attributes from the world of bicycles and the best aspirations from electric scooters. The result is a new way to get around faster and easier than walking but with all the safety, simplicity, and convenience of walking.
For example, the JackRabbit can be combined with transit for flexible commuting options:
The JackRabbit KickStarter launches on August 11th!
The JackRabbit will be launched via a KickStarter campaign on August 11th. To see the JackRabbit in action and be notified about the KickStarter campaign, check out the official JackRabbit website.
JackRabbit Product Specs
The JackRabbit offers potential solutions for commuters, students, seniors, RV owners, boat owners, delivery services, resort living, warehouse and construction workers, and more. Check out the playlists on the JackRabbit YouTube Channel to see examples for different lifestyles.
If you would like more details, here is a bunch of specifics:
- Dimensions in ride mode: 48” x 21” x 39”
- Dimensions in folded mode: 46” x 7” x 30”
- Weight: 23 pounds (with battery)
- Colors: matte black, gloss white, gloss yellow
- Motor wattage: Nominally 300 watts continuous; Maximum 336 watts on a full charge
- Battery info: Tesla/Panasonic INR21700 cells with BMS, integrated USB charging port and LED battery level indicator. 4.4A-h battery module locks in the main frame section.
- Brake/braking info: Mechanical rear disc caliper with 160 mm rotor
- Brake stopping distance: less than 15’ for a 150 lb rider going 10 mph on dry pavement
- Turning radius: 33 inches
- Hill climbing: 12% grade and more with electric power stride/glide assist
- Top speed: 20 mph for 170 lb rider on flat, paved road surface
- Main power switch: bezel switch mounted near seatpost adjustment clamp
- Speed throttle: Right thumb actuated, spring return to off position
- Strength tested: ISO 4210 Part 6: vertical frame fatigue; 100,000 cycles @ 1000N load
- Range tests: from 9 to 18+ miles depending on rider weight and terrain. Avg. 12 miles. 110 AC power charger included. Charges in 2.5 hours
- Ages, weight, and heights supported: adults of all ages; 58” to 75” tall; up to 240 pounds
About JackRabbit Mobility
This is not the JackRabbit team’s first rodeo. The team has universally satisfied backers from their previous 2018 Kickstarter. Each team member has decades of transportation and tech product development and customer service experience and they all live to make people smile through the things they create. Rigorous designing, prototyping, and testing over the past two years has JackRabbit ready to roll into commercial production. For inquiries, contact JackRabbit by clicking here.
Thinking of buying an Electric Bike? Check out my new edition of How to Buy the Best Electric Bike! Buy it here.
Read all about How to Buy the Best Electric Bike here.
Did you like this post or find it useful? If so, please support us and our blog:
Please consider clicking through to one of our reputable affiliates for your online shopping needs. We are proudly affiliated with Amazon, which sells pretty much everything except puppies - and has outstanding, free return policies. When you buy from our affiliates we make a small commission, and this is the only way we earn some income for the many hours of work we put into our reviews and posts. Plus, it costs you nothing at all - a real win/win situation!